Events in May 2021
Swanton Green Up Day
Swanton Green Up Day
Thank you for participating in Green Up Day, a community and family event that helps clean and beautify our town and village. Each year volunteers pick up hundreds of bags of trash from our roadsides.
- Pick up green trash bags during the week of May 1 at the entrance to the Town Clerk’s office.
- Meet at the Village Complex 8 am to noon, May 1, for trash bags, an energy bar and work gloves if needed.
- Place filled bags into the Town Public Works truck parked at the Village Complex.
- Green bags and larger trash items may be left on the roadside for later pick up by the Town Public Works Department.
- Bring your own drinking water.
- What to Wear Work boots, heavy duty shoes, or similar; long pants (jeans or other heavy material); bright / light colored shirts; work gloves; jackets, hats, layers for weather; reflective items.
- Safety is always a concern when working alongside a busy road or intersection.
- Keep a First Aid Kit available
- Work with partners or teams, one side of the road at a time
- Keep volunteers and vehicles on the same side of the road,
- Prevent overexertion – take breaks, drink water
- Do not come in contact with hazardous waste (dead animals, needles, suspected toxic / hazardous materials). Report these to Swanton police.
- Groups with children should have two cars; one “lead” car ahead and one “follow” car, with children working in between.
- Apply sunscreen to exposed skin.
- Be tick smart – wear long sleeves and pants, use insect repellent, check for ticks
Swanton Community Yard Sale
Swanton Community Yard SaleSwanton's Village Green ParkGrand AveSwanton, VT 05488
A Swanton Community-wide Yard Sale will be held on Saturday, May 22nd, with a limited number of spaces available in the Village Green Park. Spaces will be first-come, first-served, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space.
The event is sponsored by the Swanton Enhancement Project
Memorial Day Parade
Memorial Day ParadeGrand AvenueGrand AvenueSwanton, Vermont
The Swanton Memorial Day parade will be on Monday, May 31st, starting at 2:30pm from the Babcock School parking lot, headed north on Grand Avenue to the park.
Any kids, families, businesses or community organizations interested in participating are asked to contact Adam.Paxam@gmal.com.